Friday, May 4, 2012

Not Everything is Profound


Written on June 10, 2010

Not every piece of joy comes from profound reflection.  Today I felt it when I moussed (is that really a verb?) my hair and put on a pair of funky earrings, handmade for me by a dear friend.  I smiled in the mirror, and thought, "Take that, you 50 year old grandmother!"  My other joy will be this evening when Wayne and Peter and I  drive to Baltimore, sit right behind homeplate, and watch my boys' favorite team, the NY Yankees.  I love to see the bond that Peter feels with his Dad and Grandfather Rotz and Uncle Jeff, who are also Yankees fans.  He will have Grandpa and Jeff on the cell phone throughout the game.  I go along for the ride and certainly NOT for the food at the ball park.  Go Yankees.  Sorry, in advance, for the defeat, O's.
Watch for us on TV.  I'll be the one with the great hair and earrings and the happy face.  Look for the joy.



I don't plan to write a daily double, but I do have another moment of joy to add for today.  As you probably know, Peter and I deliver Meals on Wheels on Thursdays as part of his homeschooling experience.  I drive, and he delivers.  I have always loved watching his interaction with the grateful clients.  Today, an elderly Asian lady who speaks very little English said, "When your boy bring me food, I happy."  I was happy, too, even joyful.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment