Friday, May 4, 2012

The First Entry

A note from the blog manager~ this was my mother's first "Moments of Joy" entry, sent out in an email.  Now that I have convinced her to let me publish her words, I'm slowly going to add to her current entries, those she has previously written, starting with this one, written on June 8, 2010.  You will be able to recognize these previously written entries by the "written on" date I will be sure to always list at the top.

Written on June 8, 2010


 I can't seem to get into blogging.  It takes too long.  Today while taking my morning walk, I decided to start a daily (ok, almost daily) practice of writing and sending a short note called "What I did for joy" to a group of folks who are dear to me.  I want to spend a minute each day thinking of something I did that day that brought me joy.  Thank of it as Cindy's little zen place.  Trust me, the rest of the day did not go so well, but reflecting on the happy spot can't hurt.  So, here is today's.
You know I love spring time in Virginia.  This morning was picture perfect, sunny, 65 degrees and breezy, perfect for an early  morning walk.  It was 7:30 AM, and the pressures of the day had not yet started.  I walked my usual route, but I took myself with me.  You see, I listened on my I-pod to a digitized performance of myself singing in 1982, when I was a much younger and more agile soprano.  Anyway, the singing sounded beautiful to me this morning.  I don't think I fully appreciated the gift when I was younger.  So, the springtime combined with the sweet high notes of Ricard Strauss, Puccini, Gounod, and others in a voice that is most familiar to me, made for a very pleasant walk.  I felt joy for an hour, and it helped to lift the burdens that were on my shoulders as the day wore on.  What will it be tomorrow?  Not sure yet.  Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment