Sunday, May 6, 2012

I'm not Julia Child

Written on June 19, 2010


I've been too busy cooking all day for 2 days and one evening to reflect and write.  I've been preparing for a bridal shower and a dinner with friends.  I'm not a great cook, and I'm not sure I enjoy it all that much, but I did find joy.  It's a joy to make and share with friends.  It's a joy to easily buy fresh, delicious, healthy food and to prepare it in a kitchen that is outfitted with all the modern conveniences and decorated to my taste.  It is a joy to be healthy and strong and to feel it (except for the sore back and knee, but it's all good.) Bon Appetite.


To make up for no message yesterday, I'll send a second one this afternoon.  I attended a lovely piano recital this afternoon, another one where kids that I substitute taught earlier this spring were performing.  Some of them played like little professionals, and others played liked regular kids who take piano lessons, but each of them gave up free time to practice and to prepare.  As I listened, I thought, "I love my job."  I work so hard all year to make these performance opportunities happen for literally thousands of kids.  When I see them play and see their happiness when they achieve a level of artistry, I feel joy.  It warms my heart to the core.

No comments:

Post a Comment