Sunday, May 6, 2012

2 Days of Happy Contacts

Written on June 21, 2010


My kids bring me joy every day - some days more than others.  Yesterday and today were "more" days.  Our 3 girls all remembered to call their dad for Fathers' Day.  That made him happy, and it gave me joy, too.  They know that they have a wonderful father, and they love him very much.  That kind of joy is at the foundation of my happiness.  Today we heard from our missionary son, Joseph.  Some of you may not have met Joseph or know what he is up to.  He has been a full time missionary in California, teaching the gospel of Christ in the Latino communities of the San Francisco area, for nearly 2 years.  We are very proud of him and the service that he gives.  He brings honor to his father and to me, and that fills my heart.  Taking care of little ones for all of those years had its own joys, but now it is a very fulfilling joy.  Thanks to my kids, for calling and for honoring and loving us.  May your days be long upon the land for doing so.

No comments:

Post a Comment