Sunday, May 6, 2012

2 Pieces of Heaven

Written on June 24, 2010


I don't know exactly what heaven will be like, but I have a pretty good idea.  Our joyful times on Earth can be replicated and expanded upon in heaven.  Today I met a dear friend who I had not seen for many years.  She is now on temporary assignment at the Washington, DC, temple.  We had a lovely visit at her apartment, and then we rejoiced to serve in the temple together.  I happily thought that that scene will play out again and again, to be in the House of the Lord with those we love. 
 
My other piece of joy, which I also believe will be a part of heaven, was tasting my first ripe tomato of the summer.  I wait all year for that.  Thanks to Gail's bounteous garden, I didn't have to wait for mine to ripen.  There must be ripe tomatoes in heaven, but there is also joy on earth, and we can have that today.

No comments:

Post a Comment