Sunday, May 6, 2012

2 Things Unrelated

Written on June 22, 2010


What I did for love ended up in what I did for joy, which is often the way it is.  If you haven't tried it, you haven't experienced the challenge of gluten free baking.  You see, gluten is the protein that holds wheat together.  Remove that, and well, it's a challenge.  This evening I successfully made a yummy batch of chewy cookies for Wayne.  It was a triumph, as many of my gluten free efforts have not been as fortunate.  The joyful part is watching Wayne sneaking back into the kitchen for another treat.  Yes, I notice as each cookie disappears. 
As an unrelated piece of joy, I just ordered a pair of rocking chairs for our new front porch.  If you've been following that saga, you know that it has been long and very frustrating.  But, the end is in sight, and at last, it's time to get the chairs.  The next step will be the 5 hanging baskets of flowers that I will need.  That will wait until next week when Cox Farms begins its annual 50% off sale.  Expect more joyful notes as I peacefully rock and enjoy the blooms on our lovely new porch.  Ah, I can hardly wait.  What will make it even better is when the grandchildren visit and find their way into our laps as we rock.  Now that is is joy

No comments:

Post a Comment